Tuesday, April 15, 2014

#3 Revised Summary/Plan/Update

I have been working to compose a list of cases that I would like to use in my survey. I seek to cover a wide range of cases, some more violent or more recent than others. I would like to use cases involving culprits of different ethnicities and genders as well, as I fear this may be a factor in how sympathetic people are. As per our recent discussion in class, I feel there may be a discrepancy between gender responses as well. Consequently, I have revised my target information to include not only differences between age brackets, but also between genders.
I still feel that a survey is the best way to collect this data, but with this wider range of information, I do predict the need for more case questions. I will likely pose the survey for many people to take, but will also send it to individuals who I may need to even out the balance between ages and genders. I am in the process now of formulating the questions, having already worked on the base line and background information questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment